Scholarship Requirements & Application Information
Scholarship Amount is $1,000
Due Date for all Scholarship materials is: October 31, 2018
Any applicant (he or she) who applies for the scholarship must be at least a senior in high school and cannot be over 24 years of age. The applicant must have been a member of PPWHANC for two consecutive years prior to applying for the scholarship.
When applying an applicant must provide:
- Current high school transcript and/or a college transcript with final grades
- A letter of recommendation from a PPWHANC member
- A letter of recommendation from a non-PPWHANC person, teacher, pastor, riding instructor, etc.
- As long as eligible, applicant may reapply each year if not selected. Once selected, applicants may not reapply.
- The winning applicant will be announced at the annual Christmas Party. He/she will not receive the monetary award; however, until presenting proof of enrollment at a university or college to a scholarship committee member. This may be a cancelled check or a receipt for college expenses. Only one scholarship will be awarded each year.
- All scholarship information is to be held in strictest confidence. All applications and supporting material become the property of PPWHANC and will not be returned.
- Scholarships are to be awarded on the basis of academic ability, leadership, extracurricular activities and involvement in equine activities.
The committee can be made up of board members and/or non-board members. It will consist of at least three members. The committee will be responsible for:
- Posting the announcement on the PPWHANC website giving the applicant ample time to obtain his/her transcript before the October 31st deadline.
- Asking for volunteers to serve on the scholarship committee.
- Mailing scholarship information to members if requested.
- Meeting with the other committee members to review applications and determine a winner.
Requesting additional information from the applicant if necessary.
- Presenting future proposals and/or change requests pertaining to the scholarship program to the board members.
- Writing an article for a walking horse publication announcing the winner.
2891 Hallie Burnette Road
Oxford, NC 27564
Caitlyn Moseley won the $1,000 scholarship for the year ending 2016.
No scholarship was awarded for the year ending 2017.
Plantation Pleasure Walking Horse Association
of North Carolina
Julia “Bugs” Day